Many calendar desktop, mobile or web apps support the iCalendar (.ICS file extension) format. Hebcal has specific instructions for the major calendar apps in that consume iCalendar files (see below).
iCalendar is an open standard for exchanging calendar information. It is also known as RFC 2445.
For minor calendar apps, Hebcal recommends the following:
- Go to https://www.hebcal.com/hebcal/ if you’re downloading a holiday calendar, or https://www.hebcal.com/yahrzeit/ if you’re downloading a Yahrzeit + Anniversary calendar.
- Fill out the form with your preferences and click the Create Calendar button
- Click the Download… button
- Select the iCalendar option from the Download dialog box
- Copy the entire http://download.hebcal.com iCal URL to your clipboard
- When your iCalendar-enabled application asks for a URL to subscribe to, paste the http://download.hebcal.com iCal URL that you previously copied to the clipboard
Specific instructions for the major calendar apps which use iCalendar format: