To remove a Hebcal calendar from your iPhone or iPad that was subscribed directly from the iOS device, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings app, then touch Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Subscribed Calendars:
- Tap the Hebcal calendar that you wish to remove from the list of subscribed calendars:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and tap Delete Account
- Tap Delete Account again to confirm.
See also: iCloud – remove Hebcal Jewish calendar
To remove an iCloud-managed Hebcal calendar from your iPhone or iPad, follow these three steps.
- Go to your Calendar app and tap Calendars at the bottom of the screen:
- If you subscribed via iCloud, you will you see it in the iCloud section like this:
- Tap the circled small ⓘ info icon next to the Hebcal calendar name
- Scroll down and tap Delete Calendar
- Tap Delete Calendar again when prompted “Are you sure you want to delete this calendar? All events associated with the calendar will also be deleted.”
See also: iPhone and iPad – remove Hebcal Jewish calendar (without iCloud)
To remove a Hebcal calendar from your iPhone or iPad, you’ll need to first determine if you subscribed via iCloud or whether you subscribed directly from your iOS device.
Here are specific instructions for each option.
To determine which option applies to you, first go to your Calendar app and tap Calendars at the bottom of the screen:
Subscribed via iCloud
If you subscribed via iCloud, you will you see it in the iCloud section like this:
Read iCloud – remove Hebcal Jewish calendar for further instructions.
Subscribed directly on iPhone or iPad
If you subscribed directly on your iOS device, you will see Hebcal in the Subscribed section like this:
Read iPhone and iPad – remove Hebcal Jewish calendar (without iCloud) for further instructions.
Follow these instructions to subscribe to a Hebcal Jewish Calendar 5-year feed directly from your iPhone or iPad:
- Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad
- to download holidays and candle-lighting times, navigate to https://www.hebcal.com/hebcal
- OR, to download Yahrzeit + Anniversary calendar, navigate to https://www.hebcal.com/yahrzeit
- Fill out the form with your preferences and click the Create Calendar button
- Click the Download… button
- Select the iPhone & iPad (iOS 3.0 and higher) option from the Download dialog box
- Click on the Jewish Calendar YYYY.ics download button
- When the Subscribe to the calendar “Hebcal YEAR”? dialog box appears, click Subscribe
- When iPhone has finished subscribing, click Done
- If you later wish to remove it from your phone, go to over to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar. You will see all your subscriptions listed under Accounts. Choose the one you want to edit or remove, and hit Delete Account
If you want to remove the calendar, follow these delete or unsubscribe from your iPhone or iPad instructions.
When you update your Apple device to iOS 7, you may need to adjust your Subscribed Calendar settings in order to see your old Hebcal.com calendars.
Note: these instructions are no longer required. In September 2013, Hebcal.com began supporting SSL. We’re keeping this page here for historical purposes.
When iOS7 was released, calendars upgraded from iOS6 to iOS6 defaulted to SSL on, which did not work with Hebcal.com back in September 2013.
Resetting the calendar to SSL off will cause the calendar to show up correctly again.
- Launch the Settings app
- Touch “Mail, Contacts, Calendars“
- Touch “Subscribed Calendars“
- Touch the Hebcal calendar(s)
- Under “Subscribed Calendar Information”, set “Use SSL” to “OFF“
If the screen you see next looks like the following, be sure to set the “Use SSL” setting to “OFF”
Update – March 2014: to avoid storing sensitive customer data on our servers, we recently modified our Yahrzeit + Anniversary calendar export to “download” instead of “subscribe” calendars in iOS. Note that this only applies to our Yahrzeit + Anniversary calendar, which often includes names of individuals.
If you successfully downloaded a Yahrzeit calendar from Hebcal.com to your iPhone, then any Yahrzeit or Anniversary reminders are now part of your regular calendar (often called “Home” or “Calendar”) and there is no need to make any changes to your Settings.