To remove a Hebcal calendar from your iPhone or iPad that was subscribed directly from the iOS device, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings app, then touch Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Subscribed Calendars:
- Tap the Hebcal calendar that you wish to remove from the list of subscribed calendars:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and tap Delete Account
- Tap Delete Account again to confirm.
See also: iCloud – remove Hebcal Jewish calendar
To remove an iCloud-managed Hebcal calendar from your iPhone or iPad, follow these three steps.
- Go to your Calendar app and tap Calendars at the bottom of the screen:
- If you subscribed via iCloud, you will you see it in the iCloud section like this:
- Tap the circled small ⓘ info icon next to the Hebcal calendar name
- Scroll down and tap Delete Calendar
- Tap Delete Calendar again when prompted “Are you sure you want to delete this calendar? All events associated with the calendar will also be deleted.”
See also: iPhone and iPad – remove Hebcal Jewish calendar (without iCloud)
To remove a Hebcal calendar from your iPhone or iPad, you’ll need to first determine if you subscribed via iCloud or whether you subscribed directly from your iOS device.
Here are specific instructions for each option.
To determine which option applies to you, first go to your Calendar app and tap Calendars at the bottom of the screen:
Subscribed via iCloud
If you subscribed via iCloud, you will you see it in the iCloud section like this:
Read iCloud – remove Hebcal Jewish calendar for further instructions.
Subscribed directly on iPhone or iPad
If you subscribed directly on your iOS device, you will see Hebcal in the Subscribed section like this:
Read iPhone and iPad – remove Hebcal Jewish calendar (without iCloud) for further instructions.
Follow these instructions if you no longer wish to subscribe to Hebcal in the native Calendar.app on macOS (formerly called iCal on Mac OS X).
(If you inadvertently merged the Hebcal calendar events with your personal calendar and you didn’t use the Subscription feature, use our delete Hebcal merged events instructions instead.)
Deleting a calendar subscription is easy, and it removes the entire calendar and all the events it contains from your computer.
- Select the Hebcal calendar you want to delete in the calendar list on the left side of Calendar.app.
- Choose Edit > Delete.
Here’s an example screenshot:
Follow these steps to remove Hebcal events from your macOS Desktop calendar or iCloud calendar and you didn’t use the Subscription feature.
(If you subscribed to a Hebcal in Apple Calendar.app on macOS, follow our delete/unsubscribe from Mac Calendar (iCal) instructions.)
1. Open macOS Calendar.app, and uncheck all calendars except for the one that contains Hebcal events.
2. In the search box on the upper-right, type the text “hebcal” and press Return to select Events that contain “hebcal”
3. Click on the first item in the search results pane on the right. Scroll to the bottom, and holding down the Shift key, click on the last item in the search results pane on the right
4. Press the Delete key, or use the Edit > Delete menu to remove the events.
We’ve tested these instructions on macOS 10.9 Mavericks and macOS 10.10.2 Yosemite.