To delete Hebcal events from Microsoft Outlook for Mac, follow these steps.
1. First, open your Calendar within Outlook
2. Next, search for “hebcal” in the search box on the upper right
3. Click on one of the search results, then select all of the entries in the list via Edit > Select All
4. Delete the entries via Edit > Delete
To make a change to a Yahrzeit + Anniversary calendar calendar, delete or unsubscribe from the calendar. Return to Hebcal.com and re-enter in all of the event details, then download again. Hebcal does not yet support editing event dates.
To avoid storing sensitive user data on our servers, Hebcal.com recently modified our Yahrzeit + Anniversary calendar export to “download” instead of “subscribe” calendars. This change affects Yahrzeit + Anniversary calendars created on Hebcal beginning in January 2014, and it applies across iOS, Mac Desktop, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
To make changes like adding a new Yahrzeit or removing one depends on when you downloaded your data from Hebcal.
- If you “subscribed” to a Yahrzeit + Anniversary calendar (before Jan 2014), delete/unsubscribe from the calendar. Return to Hebcal.com and re-enter in all of the data, then download again.
- If you “downloaded” (Jan 2014 and later), then any Yahrzeit or Anniversary reminders are now part of your regular calendar (often called “Home” or “Calendar”). To add new events, just go to Hebcal.com and create reminders and download again. To remove events, search for the event(s) in your regular calendar and simply remove them.
Note that this recent change does not apply to regular holiday calendars. Those still offer the “subscribe” functionality.
To permanently delete a calendar from your calendar list, just follow these steps:
1. Click Settings at the bottom of the calendar list on the left side of the page. (Alternatively, click the Settings link at the top-right of any Calendar page, and click Calendars.)
2. Click the Unsubscribe or Delete link next to the calendar you want to delete.
Delete will permanently erase the calendar. (No one, including those who are sharing or subscribing to the calendar, will be able to access it anymore.)
Unsubscribe will only remove your access to the calendar. (Others will still be able to use it normally.)
3. Click OK.
When hebcal exports to CSV format, it puts the text “Jewish Holidays” in the Location field. That is there to make it easy to remove entries from your calendar if you got the wrong settings. For example, if you were using candle-lighting times but entered the wrong zip code, you could follow these instructions to remove all of the incorrect entries:
- Open your Calendar and on the View menu point to Current View and click Events
- Click the Location column heading to sort the list of holidays by Location (you should see “Jewish Holidays” in the location field for the holidays that you imported from CSV)
- Click to select the first holiday you want to delete
- Hold down SHIFT and click the last holiday you want to delete
- Press DELETE to remove all the selected holidays from your Calendar
To delete candle-lighting times, use these instructions:
- Open your Calendar and on the View menu point to Current View and click Active Appointments
- Do steps 2-5 above