We are pleased to announce that we have released an Alexa Skill for Hebcal for users with an Amazon Echo device.
Skills are new voice-driven capabilities that enhance the functionality of your Alexa device. Turning on the Hebcal skill lets you ask questions such as:
- Alexa, ask Hebcal when Shabbat starts.
- Alexa, ask Hebcal for candle lighting times in 02906.
- Alexa, ask Hebcal for the Torah portion.
- Alexa, ask Hebcal when is Chanukah in 2018?
- Alexa, ask Hebcal for today’s Hebrew date.
- Alexa, ask Hebcal for the Omer count.
- Alexa, ask Hebcal for Daf Yomi.
- Alexa, ask Hebcal to convert October 20th.
- Alexa, ask Hebcal when is Rosh Chodesh?
- Alexa, open Hebcal.
Hebcal is pronounced HEEB-kal, as in HEBrew CALendar.
To turn on the Hebcal skill, follow these instructions:
- Open the Alexa app.
- Open the left navigation panel, and then select Skills.
- Scroll through the list of available skills. When you want to go to a different page, select Next or Previous at the bottom of the list.Tip: You can also use the Search bar to find a specific skill, or sort skills by title, average customer review, or release date.
- When you see a skill you want to use, select Enable.
Look for new features in the coming months.
We’re planning to add candle-lighting times for Shabbat and holidays, Daf Yomi, and more. Update March 2016 – these features are now available!
If you have a suggestion for what you’d like to see in the Hebcal Alexa Skill, please share your feedback with us!