Follow these instructions to subscribe to a Hebcal Jewish holiday calendar 5-year feed in Calendar.app on Mac OS X desktop:
- Go to http://www.hebcal.com/hebcal/ if you’re downloading a holiday calendar, or http://www.hebcal.com/yahrzeit/ if you’re downloading a Yahrzeit + Anniversary calendar.
- Fill out the form with your preferences and click the Create Calendar button
- Click the Download… button
- Click on the “Mac OS X” option from the Download dialog box
- Click on the “Download to Mac Calendar” button
- Apple Calendar (OS X Mountain Lion and later) or iCal (OS X Lion and earlier) will start up
- Click Subscribe in the “Calendar URL:” dialog box (see screenshot below)
- In the next dialog box, uncheck the “Remove Alerts” option if you wish to be notified of candle-lighting and Havdalah times.
- Use Location: iCloud if you wish to synchronize with other Apple devices such as iPhone or iPad. Use Location: On My Mac if you wish to have the calendar subscription only on your desktop.
- Click OK
Included in the Hebcal Jewish holiday downloads are options to select major holidays (Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, Pesach, etc.), minor holidays (Purim, Chanukah, etc.), special Shabbatot, public fasts (Tish’a B’Av, etc.), Rosh Chodesh, and modern holidays (Yom HaAtzma’ut, etc.).