Follow these instructions to subscribe to a Hebcal Jewish holiday calendar 5-year feed in Calendar.app on Mac OS X desktop:
- Go to http://www.hebcal.com/hebcal/ if you’re downloading a holiday calendar, or http://www.hebcal.com/yahrzeit/ if you’re downloading a Yahrzeit + Anniversary calendar.
- Fill out the form with your preferences and click the Create Calendar button
- Click the Download… button
- Click on the “Apple iCal (Mac OS X)“ option from the Download dialog box
- Click on the “Jewish Calendar YEAR.ics” download button
- Apple iCal will start up
- Click Subscribe in the “Calendar URL:” dialog box (see screenshot below)
- Click OK in the next dialog box (see screenshot below)
Included in the Hebcal Jewish holiday downloads are options to select major holidays (Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, Pesach, etc.), minor holidays (Purim, Chanukah, etc.), special Shabbatot, public fasts (Tish’a B’Av, etc.), Rosh Chodesh, and modern holidays (Yom HaAtzma’ut, etc.).