If you’re having difficulty using the default importing Hebcal to Google Calendar instructions, here is an alternative technique to try that replaces the “subscribe” step with downloading and uploading.
- Go to http://www.hebcal.com/hebcal/
- Fill out the form with your preferences and click the Create Calendar button
- Click the Download… button
- Select the Google Calendar option from the Download dialog box
- Click on the “Alternate option: download” to download the Jewish Calendar YYYY.ics file to your desktop
- Go to Google Calendar
- Click the Create link at the bottom of the “My calendars” list on the left-hand side of the page
- For the Calendar Name box, type the name “Hebcal” or “Jewish holidays” or whatever you’d like to call it
- Click the Create Calendar button to make a new, empty calendar
- Click the Add down-arrow button at the bottom of the calendar list on the left side of the page, and select Import Calendar
- Click Browse and choose the Jewish Calendar YYYY.ics file that contains your events, then click Open
- Select the Google Calendar where you’d like to import events, then click Import
Included in the Hebcal Jewish holiday downloads are options to select major holidays (Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, Pesach, etc.), minor holidays (Purim, Chanukah, etc.), special Shabbatot, public fasts (Tish’a B’Av, etc.), Rosh Chodesh, and modern holidays (Yom HaAtzma’ut, etc.).