Parashat Vayetzei 5790 / פָּרָשַׁת וַיֵּצֵא
Read on / 10 Kislev 5790.
Parashat Vayetzei is the 7th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Genesis 28:10-32:3
Parashat Vayetzei tells of Jacob's travels to, life in, and return from Haran. The parashah recounts Jacob's dream of a ladder to heaven, Jacob's meeting of Rachel at the well, Jacob's time working for Laban and living with Rachel and Leah, the birth of Jacob's children, and the departure of Jacob's family from Laban. 
Haftarah for Ashkenazim: Hosea 12:13-14:10 · 28 p’sukim
Haftarah for Sephardim: Hosea 11:7-12:12 · 17 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Vayetzei is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- "Vayetze from Wikipedia" in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Foundation Inc.