Parashat Vayetzei 5780 / פָּרָשַׁת וַיֵּצֵא
/ 9 Kislev 5780
Parashat Vayetzei is the 7th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Genesis 28:10-32:3
Vayetzei (“He Went Out”) opens as Jacob dreams about angels going up and down a ladder, and then continues on his journey toward the home of his uncle Laban. During years of indentured servitude, Jacob marries Laban’s daughters Leah and Rachel, bearing children with them and with their maidservants, Bilhah and Zilpah. 
Haftarah for Ashkenazim: Hosea 12:13-14:10 · 28 p’sukim
Haftarah for Sephardim: Hosea 11:7-12:12 · 17 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Vayetzei is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Vayetzei from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.