Parashat Noach 5786 / פָּרָשַׁת נֹחַ
/ 3 Cheshvan 5786
Parashat Noach is the 2nd weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Genesis 6:9-11:32
Noach (“Noah”) begins as God decides to destroy mankind with a flood. At God’s command, the righteous Noah builds an ark, where Noah, his family, and select animals survive the flood. Noah’s children bear children, and several generations develop. God confounds the speech of people building the Tower of Babel. 
Haftarah for Ashkenazim: Isaiah 54:1-55:5 · 22 p’sukim
Haftarah for Sephardim: Isaiah 54:1-10 · 10 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Noach is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Noach from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.