Parashat Eikev 5786 / פָּרָשַׁת עֵקֶב
Read on / 18 Av 5786.
Parashat Eikev is the 46th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Deuteronomy 7:12-11:25
Parashat Eikev tells of the blessings of obedience to God, the dangers of forgetting God, and directions for taking the Land of Israel. Moses recalls the making and re-making of the Tablets of Stone, the incident of the Golden Calf, Aaron's death, the Levites' duties, and exhortations to serve God. 
Haftarah: Isaiah 49:14-51:3 · 27 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Eikev is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- "Eikev from Wikipedia" in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Foundation Inc.