Parashat Vayera 5777 / פָּרָשַׁת וַיֵּרָא
Read on / 18 Cheshvan 5777.
Parashat Vayera is the 4th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Genesis 18:1-22:24
Parashat Vayera tells the stories of Abraham's three visitors, Abraham's bargaining with God over Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot's two visitors, Lot's bargaining with the Sodomites, the flight of Lot, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, how Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father, how Abraham once again passed off his wife Sarah as his sister, the birth of Isaac, the expulsion of Hagar, disputes over wells, and the binding of Isaac (הָעֲקֵידָה, the Akedah). 
Haftarah for Ashkenazim: II Kings 4:1 - 4:37 · 37 p’sukim
Haftarah for Sephardim: II Kings 4:1 - 4:23 · 23 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Vayera is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- "Vayeira from Wikipedia" in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Foundation Inc.