Parashat Chayei Sara 5777 / פָּרָשַׁת חַיֵּי שָֹרָה
Read on / 25 Cheshvan 5777.
Parashat Chayei Sara is the 5th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Genesis 23:1-25:18
Parashat Chayei Sara tells the stories of Abraham's negotiations to purchase a burial place for his wife Sarah and his servant's mission to find a wife for Abraham's son Isaac. 
Haftarah: I Kings 1:1 - 1:31 · 31 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Chayei Sara is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- "Chayei Sarah from Wikipedia" in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Foundation Inc.