Parashat Toldot / פָּרָשַׁת תּוֹלְדוֹת
Parashat Toldot is the 6th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading. Next read on / 2 Kislev 5783.
Torah Portion: Genesis 25:19-28:9
Toldot (“Generations”) opens with the births of Isaac and Rebecca’s twins, Jacob and Esau. Esau sells his birthright to Jacob in exchange for soup. Isaac and Rebecca travel to Gerar, where Isaac makes a peace treaty with King Abimelech. Isaac gives Jacob the blessing meant for Esau, and Jacob runs away to his uncle Laban. 
Triennial Year 1
Triennial Year 2
Haftarah: Malachi 1:1-2:7 · 21 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Toldot is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Toldot from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.