Parashat Matot-Masei 5792 / פָּרָשַׁת מַּטּוֹת־מַסְעֵי
Read on / 2 Av 5792.
Parashat Matot-Masei is the 42nd and 43rd weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Numbers 30:2-36:13
Parashat Matot discusses laws of vows, the destruction of Midianite towns, and negotiations of the Reubanites and Gadites to settle land outside of Israel. Parashat Masei discusses the stations of the Israelites' journeys, instructions for taking the land of Israel, cities for the Levites and refuge, and the daughters of Zelophehad. 
Haftarah: Jeremiah 2:4 - 2:28; 3:4 · 26 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
List of DatesParashat Matot-Masei is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- "Matot from Wikipedia" in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Foundation Inc.