Parashat Balak 5795 / פָּרָשַׁת בָּלָק
/ 7 Tamuz 5795
Parashat Balak is the 40th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Numbers 22:2-25:9
Balak tells the story of the Moabite king Balak, who hires Balaam to curse the Israelites. Balaam’s donkey speaks along the way, and Balaam ends up blessing the Israelites. The portion ends with a story about Israelite men sinning with Moabite women and the stabbing of an Israelite and a Midianite. 
Haftarah: Micah 5:6-6:8 · 17 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Balak is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Balak from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.