Parashat Balak 5792 / פָּרָשַׁת בָּלָק
Read on / 17 Tamuz 5792.
Parashat Balak is the 40th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Numbers 22:2-25:9
In Parashat Balak, Balak son of Zippor, king of Moab, tries to hire Balaam to curse Israel, Balaam's donkey speaks to Balaam, and Balaam blesses Israel instead. 
Haftarah: Micah 5:6-6:8 · 17 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Balak is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- "Balak (parsha) from Wikipedia" in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Foundation Inc.