Parashat Vayishlach / פָּרָשַׁת וַיִּשְׁלַח
Read on / 16 Kislev 5783.
Parashat Vayishlach is the 8th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Genesis 32:4-36:43
In Parashat Vayishlach, Jacob reconciles with Esau after wrestling with a "man". The prince Shechem rapes Dinah, whose brothers sack the city of Shechem in revenge. In the family's subsequent flight, Rachel gives birth to Benjamin and dies in childbirth. 
Triennial Year 1
Triennial Year 2
Haftarah: Obadiah 1:1 - 1:21 · 21 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Vayishlach is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- "Vayishlach from Wikipedia" in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Foundation Inc.