Parashat Vayeshev 5781 / פרשת וַיֵּשֶׁב
Read on (26 Kislev 5781).
Parashat Vayeshev is the 9th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Genesis 37:1-40:23
Parashat Vayeshev tells the stories of how Jacob's other sons sold Joseph into captivity in Egypt, how Judah wronged his daughter-in-law Tamar who then tricked him into fulfilling his oath, and how Joseph served Potiphar and was imprisoned when falsely accused of assaulting Potiphar's wife. 
Haftarah: Zechariah 2:14-4:7 · 21 p’sukim // Shabbat Chanukah
Regular Haftarah for Vayeshev: Amos 2:6 - 3:8
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Vayeshev is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- "Vayeshev from Wikipedia" in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Foundation Inc.