Parashat Vayechi 5782 / פָּרָשַׁת וַיְחִי
/ 14 Tevet 5782
Parashat Vayechi is the 12th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Genesis 47:28-50:26
Vayechi (“He Lived”) is the final Torah portion in the Book of Genesis. It opens as Jacob prepares for his death, making his son Joseph swear to bury him in the Cave of Machpelah. Jacob blesses Joseph’s two sons and his own 12 sons and then dies. Jacob’s sons bury him. The portion ends with Joseph’s death. 
Haftarah: I Kings 2:1-12 · 12 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Vayechi is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Vayechi from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.