Parashat Vaetchanan 5799 / פָּרָשַׁת וָאֶתְחַנַּן
/ 16 Av 5799
Parashat Vaetchanan is the 45th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Deuteronomy 3:23-7:11
Vaetchanan (“I Pleaded”) opens as Moses describes his pleading with God to be allowed into the Land of Israel. Moses warns the Israelites not to pursue idolatry and recounts the giving of the Ten Commandments. The portion also contains the Shema, a declaration of faith and a central text in Jewish prayer. 
· 26 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Vaetchanan is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Vaetchanan from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.