Parashat Shoftim / פָּרָשַׁת שׁוֹפְטִים
Parashat Shoftim is the 48th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading. Next read on / 7 Elul 5782.
Torah Portion: Deuteronomy 16:18-21:9
Shoftim (“Judges”) discusses guidelines of leadership, opening with a command to appoint judges and continuing to detail laws of kings, priests, and prophets. It also describes laws relating to cities of refuge for accidental killers, false witnesses, warfare, and the rite performed in a case of unsolved murder. 
Triennial Year 1
Triennial Year 2
Haftarah: Isaiah 51:12-52:12 · 24 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Shoftim is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Shoftim from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.