Parashat Shoftim 5789 / פרשת שׁוֹפְטִים
Read on / 7 Elul 5789.
Parashat Shoftim is the 48th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Deuteronomy 16:18-21:9
Parashat Shoftim provides a constitution — a basic societal structure — for the Israelites. The parashah sets out rules for judges, kings, Levites, prophets, cities of refuge, witnesses, war, and unsolved murders. 
Haftarah: Isaiah 51:12 - 52:12 · 24 p’sukim
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Shoftim is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- "Shofetim (parsha) from Wikipedia" in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Foundation Inc.