Parashat Shemot 5794 / פָּרָשַׁת שְׁמוֹת
Read on / 23 Tevet 5794.
Parashat Shemot is the 13th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Exodus 1:1-6:1
Parashat Shemot tells of the Israelites' affliction in Egypt, the hiding and rescuing of the infant Moses, Moses in Midian, the calling of Moses, circumcision on the way, meeting the elders, and Moses before Pharaoh. 
Haftarah for Ashkenazim: Isaiah 27:6-28:13, 29:22-23 · 23 p’sukim
Haftarah for Sephardim: Jeremiah 1:1-2:3 · 22 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Shemot is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- "Shemot (parsha) from Wikipedia" in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Foundation Inc.