Parashat Mishpatim 5783 / פָּרָשַׁת מִּשְׁפָּטִים
/ 27 Sh'vat 5783
Parashat Mishpatim is the 18th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Exodus 21:1-24:18
Mishpatim (“Laws”) recounts a series of God’s laws that Moses gives to the Israelites. These include laws about treatment of slaves, damages, loans, returning lost property, the Sabbath, the sabbatical year, holidays, and destroying idolatry. The portion ends as Moses ascends Mount Sinai for 40 days. 
II Kings 12:1-17
· 17 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Mishpatim is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Mishpatim from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.