Parashat Lech-Lecha 5781 / פָּרָשַׁת לֶךְ־לְךָ
Read on / 13 Cheshvan 5781.
Parashat Lech-Lecha is the 3rd weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Genesis 12:1-17:27
Parashat Lech-Lecha tells the stories of God's calling of Abram (who would become Abraham), Abram's passing off his wife Sarai as his sister, Abram's dividing the land with his nephew Lot, the war between the four kings and the five, the covenant between the pieces, Sarai's tensions with her maid Hagar and Hagar's son Ishmael, and the covenant of circumcision (brit milah). 
Haftarah: Isaiah 40:27-41:16 · 21 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Lech-Lecha is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- "Lech-Lecha from Wikipedia" in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Foundation Inc.