Parashat Lech-Lecha / פָּרָשַׁת לֶךְ־לְךָ
Parashat Lech-Lecha is the 3rd weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading. Next read on / 11 Cheshvan 5783.
Torah Portion: Genesis 12:1-17:27
Lech Lecha (“Go Forth”) recounts Abraham’s (here known as Abram) first encounter with God, his journey to Canaan, the birth of his son Ishmael, the covenant between him, his descendants, and God, and God’s commandment to circumcise the males of his household. 
Triennial Year 1
Triennial Year 2
Haftarah: Isaiah 40:27-41:16 · 21 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Lech-Lecha is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Lech-Lecha from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.