Parashat Ki Tisa 5795 / פָּרָשַׁת כִּי תִשָּׂא
/ 15 Adar I 5795
Parashat Ki Tisa is the 21st weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Exodus 30:11-34:35
Ki-Tisa (“When You Elevate”) opens as God tells Moses to collect a half-shekel donation from all Israelites and to anoint the Mishkan (Tabernacle), its vessels, and the priests. The Israelites worship the golden calf and Moses breaks the tablets. Moses beseeches God to forgive, and returns with a second set of tablets. 
Haftarah for Ashkenazim: I Kings 18:1-39 · 39 p’sukim
Haftarah for Sephardim: I Kings 18:20-39 · 20 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Ki Tisa is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Ki Tisa from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.