Parashat Chukat 5794 / פָּרָשַׁת חֻקַּת
/ 7 Tamuz 5794
Parashat Chukat is the 39th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Numbers 19:1-22:1
Chukat (“Law Of”) opens by describing the process of burning the red heifer and using its ashes for purification. It also tells the stories of the deaths of Miriam and Aaron, Moses’ striking of a rock to bring forth water, a plague of venomous snakes, and battles against the Emorite kings Sihon and Og. 
Haftarah: Judges 11:1-33 · 33 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Chukat is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Chukat from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.