Parashat Chukat 5777 / פרשת חֻקַּת
Read on / 7 Tamuz 5777.
Parashat Chukat is the 39th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Numbers 19:1-22:1
Parashat Chukat sets out the laws of corpse contamination (tumat hamet) and purification with the water of lustration prepared with the Red Cow (פָרָה אֲדֻמָּה, parah adumah, also called the “Red Heifer”). It also reports the deaths of Miriam and Aaron, the failure of Moses at the Waters of Meribah, and the conquest of Arad, the Amorites, and Bashan. 
Haftarah: Judges 11:1 - 11:33 · 33 p’sukim
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Chukat is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- "Chukat from Wikipedia" in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Foundation Inc.