Parashat Beshalach 5785 / פָּרָשַׁת בְּשַׁלַּח
/ 10 Sh'vat 5785
Parashat Beshalach is the 16th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Exodus 13:17-17:16
Beshalach (“When He Let Go”) describes the splitting of the Red Sea and the song the Israelites sing upon crossing through. In the desert, God sweetens bitter water and provides manna and quail. The portion ends recounting the victory of the Israelites against an attack by the Amalekites. 
Haftarah for Ashkenazim: Judges 4:4-5:31 · 52 p’sukim
Haftarah for Sephardim: Judges 5:1-31 · 31 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Beshalach is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Beshalach from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.