Parashat Beshalach 5782 / פָּרָשַׁת בְּשַׁלַּח
Read on / 13 Sh'vat 5782.
Parashat Beshalach is the 16th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Exodus 13:17-17:16
In this parashah, Pharaoh changes his mind and chases after the Israelite people with his army, trapping them at the Sea of Reeds. God commands Moses to split the sea, allowing them to pass, then closes the sea back upon the Egyptian army. There are the miracles of manna and clean water. The nation of Amalek attacks and the Israelite people are victorious. 
Haftarah for Ashkenazim: Judges 4:4-5:31 · 52 p’sukim
Haftarah for Sephardim: Judges 5:1-31 · 31 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Beshalach is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- "Beshalach from Wikipedia" in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Foundation Inc.