Parashat Vayishlach 5779 / פָּרָשַׁת וַיִּשְׁלַח
/ 16 Kislev 5779
Parashat Vayishlach is the 8th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Genesis 32:4-36:43
Vayishlach (“He Sent”) follows Jacob and his family as Jacob wrestles with a man (commonly understood as an angel), is renamed Israel, and reconciles with his brother, Esau. Jacob’s daughter, Dina, is raped by a Hivite prince, and her brothers sack a city in response. Rachel dies as she gives birth to Jacob's youngest child, Benjamin. 
Haftarah: Obadiah 1:1-21 · 21 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Vayishlach is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Vayishlach from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.