Parashat Vayigash 5779 / פָּרָשַׁת וַיִּגַּשׁ
/ 7 Tevet 5779
Parashat Vayigash is the 11th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Genesis 44:18-47:27
Vayigash (“He Approached”) opens as Judah pleads with Joseph not to keep Benjamin as a prisoner. Joseph reveals his true identity to his brothers, crying and kissing them. The brothers bring Jacob from Canaan to Egypt, and Jacob and his children settle in Goshen. The portion ends as Joseph buys most of Egypt’s land in exchange for food. 
Haftarah: Ezekiel 37:15-28 · 14 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Vayigash is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Vayigash from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.