Parashat Vaera / פָּרָשַׁת וָאֵרָא
Parashat Vaera is the 14th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading. Next read on / 28 Tevet 5783.
Torah Portion: Exodus 6:2-9:35
Vaera (“I Appeared”) opens as God promises to redeem the enslaved Israelites and bring them to the Promised Land. When Pharaoh repeatedly refuses to let the Israelites go, God sends a series of plagues: water turning to blood, frogs, lice, wild animals, death of livestock, boils, and hail. 
Triennial Year 1
Triennial Year 2
Haftarah: Ezekiel 28:25-29:21 · 23 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Vaera is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Vaera from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.