Parashat Devarim 5782 / פָּרָשַׁת דְּבָרִים
/ 9 Av 5782
Parashat Devarim is the 44th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Deuteronomy 1:1-3:22
Devarim (“Words”) is the first Torah portion in the Book of Deuteronomy, the final book of the Torah. In it, Moses recounts events from the Israelites’ travels in the desert, like the appointment of judges, the sin of the spies, and the wars with the Emorite kings Sihon and Og. 
Haftarah: Isaiah 1:1-27 · 27 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Devarim is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Devarim from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.