Parashat Bamidbar 5781 / פָּרָשַׁת בְּמִדְבַּר
/ 4 Sivan 5781
Parashat Bamidbar is the 34th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Numbers 1:1-4:20
Bamidbar (“In The Desert”) is the first Torah portion in the Book of Numbers. It describes God's command to take a census and details the camping formation of the Israelites in the desert. It also begins to enumerate the responsibilities of the Levites when transporting the Mishkan (Tabernacle). 
Haftarah: Hosea 2:1-22 · 22 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Bamidbar is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- Parashat Bamidbar from Sefaria.org
- Sefaria, Inc.