Shabbat Parah / שבת פרה
Shabbat Parah ("Sabbath [of the] red heifer" שבת פרה) takes place on the Shabbat before Shabbat HaChodesh, in preparation for Passover. Numbers 19:1-22 describes the parah adumah ("red heifer") in the Jewish temple as part of the manner in which the kohanim and the Jewish people purified themselves so that they would be ready ("pure") to sacrifice the korban Pesach.
Shabbat Parah begins at sundown on Fri, 29 March 2019.
List of DatesShabbat Parah begins on:
- at sundown (20th of Adar, 5777)
- at sundown (23rd of Adar, 5778)
- at sundown (23rd of Adar II, 5779)
- at sundown (18th of Adar, 5780)
- at sundown (22nd of Adar, 5781)
- at sundown (23rd of Adar II, 5782)
- at sundown (18th of Adar, 5783)
- at sundown (20th of Adar II, 5784)
- at sundown (22nd of Adar, 5785)
- at sundown (18th of Adar, 5786)
Torah Portion: Numbers 19:1 - 19:22 (special maftir)
maf: Numbers 19:1-22
Haftarah: Ezekiel 36:16 - 36:38
- The Jewish Holidays: A Guide & Commentary
- Rabbi Michael Strassfeld
- Sefaria Tanach
- Tanakh: The Holy Scriptures
- Jewish Publication Society
- "Special Shabbat" in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Foundation Inc.