Follow these instructions if you no longer wish to subscribe to Hebcal in Apple iCal on your desktop (also called Calendar.app on more recent versions of Mac OS X).
(If you inadvertently merged the Hebcal calendar events with your personal calendar and you didn’t use the Subscription feature, use our delete Hebcal merged events instructions instead.)
Deleting a calendar subscription is easy, and it removes the entire calendar and all the events it contains from your computer.
- Select the Hebcal calendar you want to delete in the calendar list on the left side of iCal.
- Choose Edit > Delete.
Here’s an example screenshot:
We’re pleased to offer Jewish holiday downloads for BlackBerry devices through a two step process that sends Hebcal data first to Google Calendar, and then to your BlackBerry.
Note that Hebcal is not an app for BlackBerry (in the BlackBerry App World sense of apps that you install). Rather, Hebcal is a website that allows you to download/export calendar data to the calendar application that comes natively with your device.
1. Follow our Google Calendar Jewish holidays download instructions.
2. Then, follow these instructions depending on whether you use the Google Apps for Work (enterprise) + BB10 or regular Google + BB5, BB6 or BB7:
Google Apps for Work users use Google Sync for BlackBerry, which uses ActiveSync to sync with Google Apps. See Set Up Google Sync for BlackBerry 10 for more details.
Non-enterprise Google users with BlackBerry 5, 6, or 7 can use BlackBerry® Internet Service (BIS), which is part of the standard BlackBerry service plan to sync Gmail, Google Calendar, and Contacts with their BlackBerry. BIS is provided by RIM and mobile carriers. BlackBerry offers this guidance on syncing Calendar. Please contact RIM or your carrier for more information and support.
Follow these instructions to add a Hebcal Jewish holiday calendar 5-year feed to Outlook.com (previously called Windows Live Calendar).
- Go to http://www.hebcal.com/hebcal/ if you’re downloading a holiday calendar, or http://www.hebcal.com/yahrzeit/ if you’re downloading a Yahrzeit + Anniversary calendar.
- Fill out the form with your preferences and click the Create Calendar button
- Click the Download… button
- Select the Outlook.com option from the Download dialog box, and click on Download to Outlook.com Calendar button.
- When you get to the Outlook.com page, select a calendar color and an optional Charm, then click Subscribe:
Included in the Hebcal Jewish holiday downloads are options to select major holidays (Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, Pesach, etc.), minor holidays (Purim, Chanukah, etc.), special Shabbatot, public fasts (Tish’a B’Av, etc.), Rosh Chodesh, and modern holidays (Yom HaAtzma’ut, etc.).
Feel free to make printed calendars, email newsletters, refrigerator magnets, and other content using events from Hebcal.com.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
Among other things, this license gives you permission to remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially. You must give appropriate credit to Hebcal.com, but beyond that you need not send us money or even explicitly ask us for permission.
Follow these steps to remove Hebcal events from your Mac Desktop calendar or iCloud calendar and you didn’t use the Subscription feature.
(If you subscribed to a Hebcal in Apple iCal on Mac OS X, follow our delete/unsubscribe from Mac Calendar (iCal) instructions.)
1. Open Mac Calendar, and uncheck all calendars except for the one that contains Hebcal events.
2. In the search box on the upper-right, type the text “hebcal” and press Return to select Events that contain “hebcal”
3. Click on the first item in the search results pane on the right. Scroll to the bottom, and holding down the Shift key, click on the last item in the search results pane on the right
4. Press the Delete key, or use the Edit > Delete menu to remove the events.
We’ve tested these instructions on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks and Mac OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite.