The built-in calendar app for your Android device syncs automatically with Google Calendar. To get Jewish holidays on your Android device, please follow our Google Calendar Jewish holidays download instructions.
Included in the Hebcal Jewish holiday downloads are options to select major holidays (Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, Pesach, etc.), minor holidays (Purim, Chanukah, etc.), special Shabbatot, public fasts (Tish’a B’Av, etc.), Rosh Chodesh, and modern holidays (Yom HaAtzma’ut, etc.).
After subscribing to the Hebcal calendar on Google Calendar, go back to your Android device. Follow these steps to ensure that the Jewish calendar is visible from your device:
- Press Menu, touch More > Calendars.
- The Calendars screen displays all the calendars you’ve added or subscribed to for each account that is configured to synchronize events to your phone, organized by account. (Calendars for accounts you’ve configured not to synchronize Calendar events are not included in the list.)
- Touch the name of an account to show or hide its calendars on your phone.
- An icon to the right of each calendar indicates whether its events are synchronized (in this context, stored on) the phone and whether they are visible in Calendar.
- Check that both icons are enabled (i.e. so Hebcal calendar events are both stored on phone and visible in Calendar).